Beef Sausages-Packed in Hog Casing
Packaged 4 links per pkg, approx 1 lb per package $9 per lb
All of our sausages are made from our meat with no added pork or other fillers. They are sold frozen because they are made with no nitrates or other preservatives.
All of our sausages are made by hand in an artisinal sausage making shop in Mackay, Idaho. Our sausages have a fat content of 20% or less, which is much leaner than most commercially available sausages. Due to the leaness of the sausages, it is often advisable to add oil or water when frying or steaming the sausages. They are also great grilled!
Currently available varieties (Jan 2014):
- Andouille - Garlic, pepper, crushed red chilies, cayenne, mace, thyme, cloves, savory and allspice give this sausage a hot Louisiana taste. Great in jambalaya, chili or gumbo.
- Sweet Italian - Italian spices with extra fennel (6 times the mild or hot Italian) to make it taste spectacular.
Varieties that we may make in the future, depending on requests:
- Bratwurst-Our Bratwurst has a delicious blend of black & white pepper, nutmeg, ginger & mace.
- Hot Italian - Special blend of Italian seasonings make this sausage nice and hot.
- Linguica – Portuguese style sausage with minced garlic and red wine vinegar. Delicious!
- Beef Salami - Our beef salami is wonderful with cheese and crackers. We sell it frozen, as it has no nitrates to preserve it. Once defrosted it is good for about a week or two in the fridge.
- Garlic and Rosemary - Plenty of minced garlic and rosemary with just a hint of cayenne and crushed red chilies to turn this sausage into a garlic lover's treat.
- Polish Kielbalsa - Polish sausage at its best. Pepper, garlic, marjoram and non-fat dried milk combine to bring you a great Polish sausage. - Taste what a hot dog should taste like!