Lamb Sausages-Packed in Hog Casing
Packaged 4 links per pkg, approx 1 lb per package $10 per lb
All of our sausages are made from our meat with no added pork or other fillers. They are sold frozen because they are made with no nitrates or other preservatives.
All of our sausages are made by hand in an artisinal sausage making shop in Mackay, Idaho. Our sausages have a fat content of 20% or less, which is much leaner than most commercially available sausages. Due to the leaness of the sausages, it is often advisable to add oil or water when frying or steaming the sausages. They are also great grilled!
Currently available varieties (Jan 2014):
- Merguez - This Tunisian recipe is seasoned with an interesting blend of pomegranate juice, thyme, ginger, garlic, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, paprika, cumin and pepper.
- Italian Lamb and Sun Dried Tomato - Garlic, fennel, lemon pepper, crushed red chilies and sun dried tomatoes makes this sausage a gourmet's delight.
- Lamb & Apple - Cinammon, ginger, nutmeg and sage add to the great taste of lamb and real apple chunks to make a great sweet sausage.
Varieties we may make in the future, depending on requests:
- Garlic and Rosemary Lamb - Plenty of minced garlic and rosemary with just a hint of cayenne and crushed red chilies to turn this sausage into a garlic lover's treat.
- Hot Italian - Special blend of Italian seasoning make this lamb sausage nice and hot. Great in your spaghetti sauce if you like it hot.
- Hot Chorizo - Hot Spanish style Chorizo to give your breakfast eggs a kick or as a sandwich for the brave at heart. Fantastic when cut up in a chili.
- Lamb Salami - Made with no pork or nitrates, this handmade cooked salami has a flavor that is both similar to the beef salami but is also unique. We sell it frozen, and once defrosted it is good for about a week or two in the fridge.